Laws Of The Game
All games shall be played under the Laws of the Game per IFAB, except as modified as follows.
All Laws of the game can be found at:
Law 1 – The Field
• The field and goal size will be age appropriate per US Youth Soccer recommendations and guidelines
Law 2 – The Ball
• The ball used will be age appropriate
a. 12U & younger will use size 4 ball
b. 13U & older will use size 5 ball
Law 3 – The Players
• Game formats will be 11v11, 9v9 or 7v7 as age appropriate
a. 11v11 = 18 player game roster
b. 9v9 = 16 player game roster, minimum of 6 players required to play game
c. 7v7 = 14 player game roster, minimum of 5 players required to play game
• Unlimited substitutions are permitted by either team at any stoppage of play restart at the referee’s discretion. (for example, throw-ins, goal kicks, kickoffs, corner kicks, after stoppage for an injury, direct free kicks, indirect free kicks, dropped ball, etc.). Free substitution is allowed for all age groups unless tournament format has specific modifications.
• Substitutes ready to enter the game should up & ready at the halfway line
• Players to be substituted should exit the field at the halfway line at their team side touchline, unless otherwise directed by the referee
Law 4 – The Player’s Equipment
• All soccer equipment must adhere to IFAB standards.
• A player must not use equipment or wear anything that is dangerous to himself or another player (including any kind of jewelry).
• Game Referee shall inspect all casts, braces, headgear or any other special needs and their protective coverings where applicable and determine whether a player's participation presents an unreasonable risk to the player and/or others. Such determination is specific to the game for which the inspection is being conducted and is independent of inspection and participation in other games at the tournament.
▪ It is strongly suggested that players with any of the aforementioned (or other) additional special needs check in at tournament HQ for review by the on-site referee supervisor
• Players’ shirts should have numbers which should coincide with numbers listed on the team roster.
• All teams should have two sets of shirts in contrasting colors. All players should wear matching color team shorts and team socks; one set of each will be acceptable for the team.
• In the event that team colors are similar, the home team will change colors. The home team is the team listed first on the schedule, if not clearly designated as “home”.
Law 7 - The Duration of the Match
• Games will be two (2) equal halves > normally of 25, 30, 35 or 40 minutes based on the specific tournament format and age appropriate.
• The tournament reserves the right to shorten any game(s) in the event of any weather or other delays.
• There will be no overtime periods. Law 10 - Determining the Outcome of a Match
• Kicks from the Penalty Mark per IFAB will be used to determine a winner in any games which are FINALS for a bracket when specified by tournament format.
• ALL other games may end in a tie.
Law 13 – Free Kicks
• For all 9v9 & 7v7 games – Until the ball is in play, all opponents must remain 8 yards from the ball.
Law 14 – The Penalty Kick
• For all 9v9 & 7v7 games – The penalty mark shall be 10 yards from the goal line.
Addendum & Age Specific
1. For all 7v7 games, implementation of the EDP Build-Out Line Policy
2. For all 11U & younger games, implementation of the EDP Heading Policy
3. All participants will adhere to the EDP Respect & Etiquette Policy (REP)