Teams will print and bring:
1. Official US Youth Soccer Roster
2. US Youth Soccer Player Passes (Except those states which have gone digital)
3. Game Card (taken from Gotsoccer)—Please make sure this is up to date with all player information including pass number
4. Referee Fees—Please refer to the charts at www.edpsoccer.com/ref-procedures
*All players, coaches, and referees must wear a mask during the check-in process
Referees MUST submit scores within 24 hours of the game. The QR code on the game card is the fastest and easiest method for score reporting.
Your State Youth Soccer Association rules precede EDP referee procedures and MUST be followed.
For example, your state may require an indirect free kick restart from the touchline where the ball went out of play for what would normally be a throw-in, you must follow your State Youth Soccer Association rules.
Many State Youth Soccer Associations have modifications for throw-ins, drop balls, deliberate heading, slide tackles, corner kicks, coin toss, etc. due to COVID-19 return to play guidelines. You must follow your State Youth Soccer Association rules.
Soccer balls and equipment should be disinfected by HOME TEAMS before, during and after each game
Players and Coaches:
Coaches are required to wear face coverings at all times
Parents and Spectators
Referees should refer to the 'Game Day Check In Procedure' under the EDP League Fall Referee Operations Protocols and Procedures—Coaches should hold player passes during the game
Enhanced Field Layouts
Team technical areas sited diagonally opposite opposing team
Assistant Referee runs the line in front of team benches
Referee area sited near a goal away from spectator
View an example of the Recommended Field Layout with new field markings for enhanced social distancing and protocol compliance.
The EDP Leadership Advisory Group has endorsed these protocols and guidelines. The insight and recommendations they provided during their tenure have helped EDP Soccer shape and frame its league and US Youth Soccer conference structure, as well as set standards and create new player development programs.
EDP Leadership Advisory Group
Chairman: John Ellinger, SAC
Technical Director: Simon Collins, EDP Soccer
• Bobby Puppione, FC Virginia
• Jonathan Colton, Bethesda SC
• Dan Harmon, Philadelphia Ukrainian Nationals
• Kieran Patrick, Cedar Stars Academy Newark
• Cliff Simmons, SJEB Rush
• Lee Bakewell, TSF Academy
• Roberto Aguas, FC Copa Academy
• Jordi Meijer, NJ Premier FC